What is your favorite weather song? For centuries, composers, lyricists and artists have made weather a recurring theme in the music and songs we listen to. Whether you like classical, modern, pop, metal, country or even nature music, there is something for you. We explore how weather events and emotions are conveyed via music.
Want to read a bit more on this topic?
- Meteorological phenomena in Western classical orchestral music article by Aplin & Williams
- Is there a Rhythm Of The Rain? An analysis of weather in popular music article by Brown, Aplin, Jenkins, Mander, Walsh & Williams
- YouTube playlist of weather related songs
- Accuweather Forum list of weather related songs
Weather news item:
- Typhoon Nerpartak satellite loop
And now for the episode…