Time to get back to ‘Whether Weather Changed History?’ In this episode we explore the connection between weather/climate and the Bubonic Plague outbreak known as The Black Death. Did weather trigger the start or spread of the disease? Or were more long range shifts at work? Come find out.
If you are interested in digging deeper into items in the latest episode, here are some resources for you:
- Main Topic
- Popular Science article on the connection between Weather & Black Death
- Smithsonian Magazine article on the connection between Climate & Black Death
- Harvard article on the connection between Famine & Black Death
- Climate-driven connection to the Black Death by B Schmid et al.
- Pandemic Disease in the Medieval World: Rethinking the Black Death edited by M Green
- News Topics
And now the episode …